Wellness Programs OLD
Senior Health and Wellness in Albert Lea, MN
At Thorne Crest, Senior Wellness is one our primary principles. We know staying healthy and active is a priority for seniors -- and for most, it is the key to successful aging. We use customizable senior activities that lend to the blending and balancing of the six dimensions of wellness to promote and improve one’s health and quality of life.
Thorne Crest’s comprehensive Wellness Program focuses on continuing to improve the health -- both mental and physical -- of senior residents. Our innovative approach focuses on physical aspects such as strengthening, flexibility, balance and endurance. This emphasis on senior fitness and physical improvements has shown residents that it’s never too late to make a change and improve their lives.
But that is not is all.
Before beginning our senior wellness program we assess all residents, from those in the apartment homes to those in long term care. From this assessment, we can create a customized program that enables individuals to meet their wellness goals. To track improvements residents, are assessed every 3- 6 months, and the results are often astounding. Participants of the Thorne Crest Wellness Program have shown remarkable improvements, including:
- Increased strength from 40% to 200%
- Increase in lean body mass
- Improved blood sugar tolerance
- Decreased cholesterol
- Decreased blood pressure
- Increased bone density
- Improved overall emotional and physical well-being
The Six Dimension of Wellness
The Six Dimensions of Wellness describe the individual life components that contribute to positive growth and wellbeing. They include:
- PHYSICAL - The ability of the human body structure to function properly.
- SOCIAL - The ability to interact with other individuals.
- MENTAL - The ability to process information and act accordingly.
- EMOTIONAL - The ability to cope, adjust and adapt.
- SPIRITUAL - The belief in some force or dynamic other than human.
- VOCATIONAL - One's surroundings (e.g., habitat, occupation), an individual’s internal structure (e.g., genetics)